Boring Install & Configuration Questions
- Where Can the Boring Toolbox client be installed?
- Does the “Boring Server Complete” need to be installed on the same system as the Milestone management server?
- Do I need to have a specific version of Milestone Client to run the Boring Toolbox?
- Where can I go to check for new updates, and how often are updates done?
- Do I need to update my software every time there is a new release?
- Do I need to have the same version of the toolbox as the server?
- I am getting the error “Unable to connect to BoringAPI…” on login, how can I troubleshoot this?
- Milestone is down right now. Can I still log in and get info through the Boring Toolbox?
- I am having trouble logging in. Milestone is running, but I just can't connect. How do I fix this?
- Help, I can’t log in using my Milestone XProtect credentials. What should I do?
Managed Site Questions
- Can Scheduled maintenance be stopped and resumed at any time?
- When setting up my managed sites, I accidentally put a site into “Critical mode,” and now I do not want that feature. How can I get it out of Critical mode and back into the normal mode?
- I was trying to clean up my managed sites, and I accidentally deleted the wrong site. What can I do to get it back up and running?
- My Managed Sites are giving me an error message “Boring Live Monitoring Service is not running…” or “Boring Service Host is not running….” how do I fix this?
- My managed sites are giving me an error message “Unable to reach BoringAPI….” How do I fix this?
User Interface Questions
- What can I configure in “My Settings?”
- Help, I can't see my camera preview in “detailed view.” How do I fix this?
- How do I get changes made in Boring Toolbox to reflect on the Milestone XProtect Client?
- What are the CPU and Memory statistics monitoring?
- Why does the global dashboard show monitoring of my site in red?
- Why aren’t my Recording servers showing up in the Boring Toolbox?