Supported starting : 5.20.1109
By default Boring Toolbox uses HTTP to download scheduled reports from the management server. If you would prefer to download the reports via HTTPS you can do this with a simple configuration file change.
Note: You will need to provide your own SSL certificate in order to avoid seeing the security warning.
How to configure HTTPS download
- On the management server browse to : C:\ProgramData\The Boring Lab\Boring Service Host
- Open appsettings.json in your favorite text editor
- For new installs of server 5.20.1109 or above
- Find the section labeled Subscriptions
- Update GenerateHttpsLinks from False to True
- It should look like this:
- For an upgrade from a previous version:
- Find the section labeled: ReportRuns
- Underneath the entry for RunInterval paste the below:
- When done it should look like this:
- Save the file and restart the Boring Service Host service