Our "Auto Device Groups" feature creates device groups automatically by a template. These groups can be accessed in the Milestone XProtect Management Client and can be used to change settings in bulk to specific groups of similar devices.
In the example below, we use our "Auto Device Groups" feature in the Boring toolbox along with the Milestone XProtect Management Client to change a group's "Motion" settings. These steps can be followed in order to change other settings as well.
In The Boring Toolbox:
- Navigate to Device Groups
- Click "Auto Device Groups" button
- Click "Generate Preview" for Grouping Template "[Camera Model]". These will be grouped by default in "[Boring Auto Groups]" parent device group.
- Click "Next" to preview before saving.
- Click "Save" to save device groups
In Milestone XProtect Management Client:
- Navigate to "Devices > Cameras"
- Choose the device group you would like to update.
- On the right panel, navigate to the "Motion" tab on the bottom.
- Update motion sensitivity and save. This will update the settings on all the devices in the group you selected.
Please sign in to leave a comment.