As cyber-security requirements increase The Boring Toolbox is helping our clients meet those requirements by allowing the bulk update of passwords in Milestone XProtect and now also supports the synchronization of passwords to Axis, Hanwha, Bosch, Sony and Arecont cameras.
The video below shows updating Axis and non-Axis cameras.
- Select the hardware you would like to update the passwords on
- Click Change Password
- The change password wizard will appear
- Allows you to use a custom password of your choosing and apply to all or only selected hardware.
- Auto-generate a random password for each camera or auto-generate a random password and copy it into section 1 to apply the same random password to all cameras.
- Choose whether you would like to sync the new passwords to eligible cameras.
- Workspace. The cameras originally selected will be automatically selected but if you would like to remove some then you can uncheck them here. Only checked hardware will have their passwords changed. The white check in the green circle means that the camera hardware is capable of being synchronized with milestone in one pass.