In XProtect management client you can update settings in bulk using device groups but all the devices in the group must be the identical hardware type in order for you to change all the settings for all devices in the group. This is time consuming and super boring so we created our very powerful Auto-Groups function.
After testing we found that even when we created an Auto-Group with the same camera model and driver that we still could not change some settings due to different camera modes that are users definable. So we created Settings!
Settings allows you to change certain settings regardless of hardware type, mode, driver etc. Here is how it works.
- Select the Hardware section of the client
- Search or browse and select the hardware you would like to change settings for
- Click Camera Settings on the right navigation
- Confirm if you would only like to change settings for devices that are enabled only.
- The Camera Settings model will pop up after the settings load into the application
Camera Setting Layout
- Settings Tabs : These are the settings you can change on the selected cameras
- Selection tools : Select All, Clear Selections, Expand All and Contract All
- View Filtering and actions : Both drop-downs will dynamically filter the list of results based on the selections
- Results : Here you will see the default value for the stream, the current value for the stream and if updated, the updated value for the camera stream
Frames Per Second (FPS)
You have three options for changing the FPS
The drop-down for changing resolution is dynamically created based on the supported options of the cameras selected. When you select a specific resolution the results filter based on the cameras that actually support the desired resolution.
Along with a specific resolution you can also select
- Default : Sets the default resolution supported on the camera
- Min : Sets the min resolution supported on the camera
- Max : Sets the max resolution supported on the camera
You can also do this for CODEC and Streaming Mode.
Once you go through all the Settings Tabs and have made your changes you will hit Preview.
Preview will show you all the camera devices with with updated settings for each. Once you confirm these are correct press Save Changes.