First, we recommend making sure the Boring client is online and can connect to the Milestone XProtect Management server.
- To ensure that this can happen.
- Try logging in using the Milestone XProtect Management client on that server and seeing if you have access.
Another possible solution is that the App Pool isn’t started. If this is the case, then you need to start the App Pool.
- Check IIS and make sure that the BoringLabService app pool is started on each machine.
- Search “IIS manager” in windows, then select Internet Information Services
- Navigate to Application Pools
- Make sure that BoringLabService is Started. If it isn't started, then click start.
If it is started, try recycling the App Pool.