A note before we begin: The Boring Toolbox subscription license is reserved for Boring Lab partners only and should not be resold to end-customer.
The subscription includes
- One Boring Client activation, per subscription
- Install the API on an unlimited number of management servers
- The Boring Toolbox subscription does not take into account SLC
- You can therefore manage all of your customers from one subscription
- All updates to the software included
- License to use is revoked if subscription is not renewed
How it works
- You install and activate the Boring client on one computer
- This Boring Client type is portable, meaning you can use it to manage any XProtect management server that has the Boring API installed
- You can only manage the number of cameras licensed per month per client
- If you have a 100 camera license of Boring Toolbox and a 200 camera Milestone system, you will only be able to manage 100 cameras of that Milestone system
- Subscription is only available with online activation
- 100 Cameras minimum
- 90 Days minimum subscription
Q. We have multiple engineering computers that need the license. Can we buy additional client licenses?
A. Yes, additional Boring client activations may be purchased. Each activation will have the same number of licenses available to is as the initial purchase. For example, if you purchased a 1000 camera subscription + 1 additional activation, this would give you a total of two (2) activations and both will be able to manage 1000 cameras.
Q. I have a subscription with a single activation installed on our engineering laptop. How can I manage multiple customers?
A. Unlike the perpetual license, the subscription version of Boring Toolbox is not tied to a specific SLC or to a specific legal entity. That means that you are free to use the activated Boring Client on all your customer's XProtect systems. To do this just install the Boring API on the customer's management server and point your Boring Client over to it.
Q. Can we share a license between our engineers as they manage our customers?
A. Yes, you may do so if you would like. To do this you would need to deactivate the client on one machine and re-activate it on the other. You can learn how to deactivate your license here.